Sunday, January 23, 2011

ARTastic January 2011 Challenge








Well ladies, I have finally finished the ARTastic January challenge and sent it off to Shazza for addition to their blog. I have had this page in the cooking pot for a number of weeks but somehow life gets in the way and only got to complete it today.

I really loved doing this challenge, the inspitarion painting of Renoir's 'Luncheon of the Boating Party' really appealed to me. The colours are among my favourites, I love the oranges and the torquiose blues and the air from the painting of a warm, friendly gathering was appealing. I also managed to include all their criteria for bonus points (scrap a celebration, 3 or more people on the LO and food somewhere on the LO, good job).

As soon as I saw this challenge I knew what event I wished to use. A great scrapbooking friend of mine, Helen turned 60 in November of last year and we celebrated her birthday with a High Tea @ The Loft Bar, King St Warf, Sydney organised by my amazing niece Michelle. If anyone is looking for this type of event I can highly recommend The Loft Bar. The service was excellent and unobtrusive, their food was delish and the cost was quite reasonable.

I used Basic Grey's 'Curio' range . My base sheet was the 'B' side of 'Victoria' and my main PP was the ''A' side. I handmade the arrow embellishment using a snippet of Basic Grey's 'Recess' collection 'Biology'. The torquoise, felt flowers I handmade as well. Just layered, off centre, 3 varying circles and used buttons, pearls etc as my centres. Really loved this effect. The butterfly embellishment was hand cut from BG 'Curio' Chiffonier paper. I also incorporated one of the glass mats from the 'Loft Bar' on my LO, they were gorgeous and included some faux stitching lines. This LO was based on a page map from Becky Fleck's Book 2.
Although not shown here Michelle had made Helen the most amazing frame based on the Martha Stewart doillies and if I can find a link across to Michelle's page I will include this tomorrow.

Above are a few shots of my page and close ups of the embellishments. This is a single LO but I will be finishing off another page for this LO as I have so many beautifull photo's to include.

We had a great day and as Helen is a lovely, lovely person, well deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment