Saturday, February 19, 2011

Internation Card Swap @ LSBS



Hi all, have been participating in a international card swap over at LSBS, we had to complete 5 card fronts with the theme Easter vintage/shabby chic. (These are my finished products above).
I was really excited to get into this challenge. I haven't participated in a card swap of any kind before and actually really would not have called myself a card maker at all before venturing onto the LSBS site. With their cybercrops and season challenges,cards have been on the menu so I was initiated. It has taken me a little while to get my head around the small amount of space to work with but I am getting there.
From the start I knew what elements I wanted to work with. One of the ladies @ LSBS sent me a beautiful 'Peter Rabbit' RAK. Just lovely thank you Debi. I fell in love with all the goodies she sent me. Well the design rumbled around in my head for days. I made a sample as I was scrapping with friends and I thought I would take the card with me for their input. The night before I put together another sample and sought their advice on the two.
Well I changed my mind again and above is the end result, finally I am happy with the challenge, the best I could do. I hope the recipient's enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment